Bayou Point Mountain Bike Trail
The Bayou Point Mountain Bike trail is located southwest of Hernando, MS just off of Highway 301 on Bayou Point Rd on the south side of Arkabutla Lake
- Status of Trail – Open Year Round
- Length of Trail -5.6 miles
- Width of Trail – 10 feet
- Difficulty Level – Easy-Moderate
- Trail Surface – Natural
- Designated Trail Use – Mountain Bike only
- Trail Hours– 24/7
- Type of Trail – Park Forest
- Other Amenities – The site features a picnic area and restrooms located near the trailhead.
- GIS Coordinates: 34°44’24.48″ N 90°07’24.03″ W
Bayou Point is currently a 5.6 mile singletrack loop for mountain bikes only. The trail includes everything from fast and flowing to tight and technical sections. It also includes multiple obstacles to challenge the advanced rider, such as log rides, rock skinnies, berms, jumps and drops. Elevation change is roughly 390 ft of climbing/descending per lap.
The trail is located in a somewhat remote area so there is plenty of wildlife to be seen as well as several scenic views of Arkabutla Lake.
The trailhead includes a kiosk with trail map and information, ample parking, full restroom with running water and heat in the winter, playground and picnic tables.
While Bayou Point does not offer camping, just a half mile away at the South Abutment are many primitive and RV campsites available. Phone 1 662.562.6261